Friday, January 15, 2010

Municipal Branding At It's Worst

It is a shame that Milton Glaser has had to live long enough to see this latest bastardization of his famous I Love New York logo. I think that it is safe to say that Brandon Manitoba didn't blow the budget on this new identity (image from the Brandon Sun online) like Manitoba's Spirited Energy seen below.


 


 

 

 


 

I think what bugs me the most about Brandon's new identity is that you couldn't find a more hideous combination of typography, if they chose Papyrus with Comic Sans. It looks like Brandon's city council held a meeting to review professional identities when someone said, "my 8 year old niece could make a better logo", and they agreed unanimously to go with that plan.

I know that design is a matter of opinion, but in this case, my opinion happens to be right.

2 comments:

Adrian J.K. Shum, CGD said...

Yoikes...

Unknown said...

Yes. I am a graphic designer from Brandon - and I heard nothing about it.

Sometime this city.....